The following are mandatory care instructions to follow before your surgery requiring anesthetic sedation. During your consultation, Dr. Elias will go over these instructions carefully with you and will be able to answer any questions you might have. Please feel free to call us at 818-696-4425 for further questions, or of course to schedule a consultation for your procedure.
- Avoid eating or drinking (even water) for 8 hours prior to your appointment
- No smoking for at least 12 hours prior to surgery. Ideally, you should cut down on or quit smoking as soon as possible if you are planning a procedure, for your safety and best recovery and results.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to your surgery. This person will remain in the office during the procedure and drive you home. This is essential if you are undergoing anesthesia.
- You should not drive or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthetic sedation.
- Be sure to wear loose-fitting clothing, sleeves that can be rolled up you’re your elbow and flat shoes. Do not wear lipstick, makeup or nail polish to your surgery.
- Any jewelry, contact lenses and dentures must be removed prior to surgery.
- Please notify our office if you have contracted a cold, sore throat, stomach, bowel upset or any other illness within the few days prior to surgery.
- Please notify Dr. Elias of any oral medications you are taking prior to your surgical date. He will be able to give you special instructions based on your medication, dose and medical needs.
Do not hesitate to contact our offices at 818-696-4425 with any questions regarding your procedure or care instructions. We would be happy to address any of your concerns.