Most of us are aware of the actions celebrities take in order to keep their appearances young and glamorous. Plastic surgery has been a common debate in the past, however, today many people are turning to their surgeons for help in restoring a beautiful body.
Tummy Tuck, also called abdominoplasty, is designed to remove excess fat and loose skin while restoring your abdominal muscles. When regular exercise and a healthy diet don’t produce the results of a toned core, a tummy tuck may be the answer.
Many of today’s stars have also felt unhappy with their stomachs and turned to a tummy tuck procedure. After loosing over 100 pounds, Star Jones admitted to having a tummy tuck surgery to remove excess skin and improve the curves of her body. After having sextuplets, Kate Gosselin also received abdominoplasty survey to help achieve her beautiful figure. More and more actresses and personalities have been forthcoming about how much a tummy tuck has enhanced their appearance; including Patricia Heaton, Shar Jackson, Danya Devon, Kendra Wilkinson, Britney Spears, and even Angelina Jolie was rumored.
If you think a tummy tuck might be right for you, here are five key things to know before your procedure:
- Your not the only one! The amount of tummy tucks being performed has increased in recent years and is now in the top five most popular plastic surgery procedures.
- A Tummy Tuck is not a weight loss measure. The purpose of the tummy tuck is to remove excess loose skin, so it is best to lose weight before. Even though fat will be removed, you shouldn’t rely on the surgery to resolve in any long lasting weight-loss. Positive results of your procedure will be long lasting if you are committed to following a healthy diet and fitness regime post-surgery.
- Men can have tummy tucks too! Even though this procedure is most popular with women who have had pregnancies, they are also offered for those who have lost a significant amount of weight. Men are also known for receiving tummy tucks due to sagging skin and loose muscles.
- The surgery only takes between 2-4 hours, and is performed on an outpatient basis. We will utilize general anesthesia to make sure you’re not in pain.
- Being over the hill is a good thing! Women over 40 remain the most common candidates for tummy tucks due to the predisposition for woman to develop unwanted stomach fat following pregnancy and menopause.