Many events occur throughout life that impact your body. Pregnancy, weight gain and weight loss all play a role in how your body looks and feels. It’s impossible for your skin and muscles to remain tight and toned forever, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do what you can to feel good about the way you look. Body contouring is one method people have begun to use to refine their body’s natural shape. If you are unhappy with certain areas of your body – whether it’s because skin is sagging or muscles are weakening – body contouring can help you love your body again with the use of slimming and sculpting procedures. At Southern California Center for Surgical Arts, Dr. Husam Elias performs a variety of body contouring surgeries for patients who wish to improve their appearance and feel more confident about the way they look.
What Is Body Contouring?
Body contouring refers to a series of cosmetic procedures that work to eliminate excess fat and tissue from the body. Many times, diet and exercise are not enough to produce firm muscles and tight skin, and a cosmetic procedure may be necessary to apply finishing touches.
Common body contouring procedures include:
- Liposuction – the process of removing excess fat through a suction technique.
- Tummy tuck – a procedure where the abdominal area is lifted and tightened.
- Breast lift – a surgery where the breast tissue is raised, reshaped and firmed.
- Arm lift – the process of eliminating sagging skin from the upper arm.
- Face lift – a technique used to tighten the skin in the face and create a youthful appearance.
- Thigh lift – a surgery where the contours of the thighs are reshaped and improved.
The goal of a body contouring procedure is to help the body return to a more natural shape. By targeting the underlying tissues in the skin, smoother contours can become more apparent and create an attractive appearance.